Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Mine was marvelous. Filled with sun, friends, running and good food. So, fairly typical for me. I cannot believe that this is the last week of August. Where does all the time go??? I refuse to accept the fact that the summer is almost over. I am doing everything I can to embrace the season since sadly, fall is coming…and shortly after winter… and I will supremely miss the feeling of sunshine on my skin. This weekend was filled with summery activities:
WeZack made ribs this weekend. Tasty, homemade, slow-cooked BBQ ribs. They were delicious and we are still enjoying the leftovers. Check that off my Summer Bucket List. Accompanying the ribs were skillet cornbread and a rendition of How Sweet It Is’s Roasted Corn Caesar Salad. Awesome meal.
- Earlier in the week I “cooked” up some gazpacho. Another Bucket List win. Boom.
- I finally tried Pleasant Pops! I walk by all the time and keeping saying, “I should try a pop one time!” And this time, I did it. Strawberry Ginger Lemonade. So tasty. Not too gingery (which I was worried about) and perfect on a sunny Saturday.
- I went to a rooftop BBQ/going away party for a friend and I whipped up a batch of hummus. But, my friends, not just any hummus. This was special. I stumbled upon this recipe from Healthy Tipping Point: Holy Deliciousness Hummus. Goat cheese in hummus? Um, yes please. I tripled the recipe (which meant there was an insane amount of hummus) and I’m so glad I did. More leftovers! I highly recommend this recipe.
- New personal distance record (which I will talk about more in my MCM Training recap): 14 miles through Rock Creek Park and Beach Drive. Not only was this a PDR, but this was a new-to-me route in DC. BEAUTIFUL.
- After my run, I was hot hot hot and all I wanted to do was go swimming. Luckily I have a friend with a pool at her apartment who graciously allowed me to go and hang out there. Unfortunately when we got there the sun was shrouded with stupid, dark clouds. I was determined to tough it out and eventually they cleared away and I got some good, old, summer swimming in.
Other Highlights of the Weekend:
- We saw The World’s End on Friday night. It was pretty funny, but not my favorite of the Simon Pegg-Nick Frost movies (Hot Fuzz takes the cake).
- I went to brunch at Vinoteca on Sunday with a couple friends. It was delicious. Hello mushroom and white truffle omelet.
- The rest of Sunday was spent brewing beer and watching Breaking Bad. A perfect combination. This is called extreme multitasking: blogging, watching Breaking Bad and making sure our brew-pot doesn’t over boil.
That’s it for my weekend. How was yours?
What was the tastiest thing you ate this weekend?